The Sylvia Wright Action Group (SWAG) is based in and around Leeds. Its main aims are to:
- spread the word about Sylvia Wright and the work she is doing
- extend and improve the impact of the Trust
- address new challenges in UK & India
- set up productive dialogue with key supporters
- give more detailed information/briefing than possible at public meetings
- generate feedback, new ideas & fresh impetus to SWT
- identify and encourage supporters with specific skills to take a more active role in SWT
- promote SWT in schools, colleges and Universities
- find new venues and recruit new speakers
- draw people from a wider range of backgrounds, age groups, locations and faiths
- create a forum for sounding out new ideas
- meet and talk to Sylvia in person (usually once a year)
There are 3 SWAG meetings a year. It is an informal and flexible group. We keep paper work to a minimum and much of the 'action' takes place outside the meetings. It is good to have such a committed, friendly and active group of supporters. If you think you could help us to meet any of the aims set out above please get in touch.
SWAG members, Sue Wilson, Anne Cogan and Bernadette Barnes preparing the tombola stall at the Coffee Morning on 4 April 2014.
Next SWAG meeting Thursday 16 July - Joint SWT & SWAG meeting. 12.30 pm for 1.00pm. Venue Holy Name Church Parish Hall. See homepage for details..
New members are always made very welcome. Please contact Tony Hartigan on 01943 851431 for further information.
Some members of SWAG with Sylvia in April 2012